Collection of Information
When you sign up or register to purchase a product through our website, The Golden Carrot will collect certain information from you. Such information may include your:
- name, address, phone number, email, and/or other pertinent contact information
- username and password (“Account Credentials”) if you have registered an account with The Golden Carrot;
- device information, including your device’s IP address, browser information, and the domain and host from which you access the Internet;
- purchase, return, wish list and other transaction information;
- social media information;
- information regarding your personal or professional interests, date of birth, anniversary date, demographics (e.g., gender, occupation, income and marital status), experiences with our products, and shopping and contact preferences;
- contact information you provide about friends or other people you would like us to contact; and
- other information related to your purchases and use of our website.
Use of Information
The Golden Carrot will use the information collected from you in order to enhance your experience with our website. Accordingly, your information may be used to:
- provide our website and its contents to you;
- improve the content and functionality of the website;
- complete any purchases made on the website;
- process and track orders;
- respond to comments, questions, or concerns made through the website;
- prevent and detect fraud and other unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities;
- alert you about product offerings and other promotional materials;
- to keep a record of our interactions with you if you place an order or otherwise deal with our representatives over the telephone or online;
- identify, offer and contact you with personalized content and advertising, including newsletters, articles, product or service alerts, new product or service announcements, savings awards, event invitations and other information;
- ensure that your shopping experience is as easy and pleasant as possible;
- carry out our obligations and enforce our rights; and
- comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, contractual obligations and our policies.
We may use third-party analytics services on our websites and apps, such as those of Google Analytics ( http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html ) and Adobe Omniture ( http://www.adobe.com/privacy/analytics.html#1 ). The analytics providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons to help us analyze your use of our website. The information collected through these means (including IP address) may be disclosed to these analytics providers and other relevant third parties who use the information, for example, to evaluate use of our website. To learn more about these analytics services and how to opt out, please visit the relevant websites listed above.
Information We Share
Except as otherwise provided in this Policy, The Golden Carrot does not disclose information we collect about you to third parties. We may share personal information with service providers who perform services on our behalf (e.g., payment processing, order fulfillment and shipping, website hosting and analytics, etc.). These service providers are permitted to use or disclose the information only as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements.
Protection of Your Information
While we strive to safeguard your personal information, we cannot completely guarantee that no part of our system will ever fail or be compromised. If you ever suspect that our website has contributed to your information being compromised, please contact us immediately so that we may investigate and resolve the matter.
If you receive an e-mail that looks like it is from us asking you for your personal information, do not respond. We will never request your password, username, credit card information or other personal information through e-mail.
Third Party Links
Our website may contain links to other third party websites or applications (each, a “Third Party Site”). Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices or policies of these Third Party Sites. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content or actions of these Third Party Sites. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and practices of each Third Party Site that you visit.
We offer you certain choices in connection with the personal information we collect about you, such as how we use the information and how we communicate with you. To update your preferences, ask us to remove your information from our mailing lists, exercise your rights, or submit a request, please contact us. You can also unsubscribe from our mailing lists by following the "Unsubscribe" link in our emails. We honor all opt-out requests, but there may be a delay between submission of such request and actual removal from our mailing lists, as these lists are generated well in advance of our actual mailings. Opting out of communications does not affect our communication with you via telephone or e-mail regarding orders or other sales or service transactions.
You may request access to the personal information we maintain about you or request that we correct, amend, delete or block the information by contacting us. You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us or object at any time on legitimate grounds to the processing of your personal information, and we will apply your preferences going forward.
Our website is not intended for use by, or directed to, persons under the age of 18. The Golden Carrot does not knowingly collect information on any person under the age of 18. Any individual who provides their information to The Golden Carrot represents to us that they are 18 years of age or older.
California Do Not Track Disclosure
At this time, The Golden Carrot does not respond to browser ‘Do Not Track’ signals.
California Shine The Light Law
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our customers who are California residents to request and obtain from us a list of what personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the names and addresses of those third parties. Requests may be made only once a year and are free of charge. If you would like to make a request for information under the Shine The Light law, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by mail at The Golden Carrot, 1102 Washington Street, Hoboken, NJ 07030.